International Forum - The G7 Summit 2017
Beyond GDP, Getting Sustainability in a Global Century
With the Patronage of the Italy’s G7 Presidency, a group of analysts and experts intends to provide the G7 Heads of Government, through their Ministers of Foreign Affairs, with some considerations and proposals. These are aimed at facing today’s great challenges in a stronger way, assuming that the solutions adopted so far have not achieved the prearranged objectives.
The analysts and experts come from several Institutions and Universities (namely, Fondazione Universitaria Economia Tor Vergata and Link Campus University), national and international Research Centres, as well as from the spheres of culture and politics.
Such Forum follows the previous one “The G8 and beyond: the economics and politics of a global century?”, held in Villa Madama on 21st and 22nd June 2009 in preparation for the G7 of L’Aquila (Italian Presidency) held on July 2009.
Only in order to introduce every participant’s work, some “focal points” are suggested, by enabling everyone to make a contribution and integrate the contents that will assemble the object of the final document.
Brief concept paper
- Globalisation without adequate governance, the increase in wealth and income inequalities, the negative effects of the “climate change”, the impact of migratory flows and growing insecurity and fear, the effects of technology on the future of employment and the international commercial and financial imbalances, represent a potentially explosive cocktail. This is also due to the unhelpful feeling of uncertainty and anxiety for the future.
- After having been exalted as development engine for a long time, together with migratory flows, globalisation is considered as one of the most important reasons for the sense of anxiety and mistrust in the future, emerged over the long crisis exploded in 2008. Job loss, wage stagnation, growing income inequalities and commercial deficits are all charged to globalisation. The European Union has underestimated the effects of the productive polarisation on the families’ wealth.
- The policies aimed at tackling the crisis, the agreements and the changes made to the system of international exchanges them-selves, contributed to an increase in inequalities, there being no governance of the phenomenon.
G7 International Forum - Papers by Piergiorgio Valente
- BEPS Project Demands Urgent Implementation of Taxpayer Charter
- Research Summaries: Age of Fairness - Tax and Social Responsibility Dimensions | Fair and Efficient Taxation in the EU. Convergence is Needed | Undermining Fairness in Taxation
- Comments Papers - CNBC (Sky 507): G7 Priorities in Taxation - Summary | G7 MLI | G7 Costitution
8 May 2017
Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione internazionale
Piazzale della Farnesina, 1 - Roma
9 May 2017
Link Campus University
Via del Casale San Pio V, 44 - Roma
T +39 06 40400201/211